Who doesn’t like being acknowledged? Whether a hug, a thank you, or a prestigious award, I think it’s safe to say that we all thrive when we feel recognized and appreciated for things that we do. And in that spirit, I’ll pass on a thank you (and virtual hug) to my friend and colleague, Dr. Andrea Ryan, who nominated me for an award. Andrea is a chiropractor, mom extraordinaire, and awesome writer, whose blog, Relish the Journey, is always a great and inspirational read.
Being nominated for a Liebster Award is kind of like entering into a game – but one in which I doubt there will be any tangible, put-on-my-shelf kind of award. I think it may be a clever scheme thought up by some wise person or group to set up a bloggers form of paying it forward. (A great win-win blogging activity, in my calculation.)
So here goes (I love a game, especially one that spreads a little love and appreciation around in cyber-space)
Facts of the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award’s origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It’s basically a “Hey, that’s a sweet little blog you’ve got there. Here’s an award!” You can’t just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever-changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
1. List 5 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 5 questions given to you. (My 5 questions for each of the 5 nominated blogs are near the bottom of this post!)
3. Create 5 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 5 worthy bloggers to nominate. (At the very bottom of this post you will find the links!)
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (see the intro of this post!)
Five Facts About Me:
1 – I am more productive before 9am than any other time of day or night.
2 – When I was four, I had my tonsils out – and I remember being upset that the doctors hadn’t given them back to me (I guess I assumed that I’d get a jar with them.. kind of gross, but they were mine!)
3 – If I had to choose: book or movie, book would win every time. No exception.
4 – I am an all-or-nothing type of person. I’ll give 100% or I don’t do it. And in my own life, that also means I want it ALL. Happiness, love, adventure, abundance, freedom, spectacular family life, a fabulous career – and more.
5 – One of my favourite “games” I play in my head as I watch children in my practice, at the park, or in the schoolyard is to imagine how funny (and kind of wonderful) it would be if grown ups acted that way. (insert an adult doing any child-like activity, and I guarantee it will bring a smile to your face)
My Questions to Answer:
1. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? (not food group, a single food) Avocado. Or bacon. Ideally together… yum.
2. What is the one thing on your “Bucket List” that you will do in 2013? I will go downhill skiing/snowboarding with my children and husband. (to rekindle my love of winter!)
3. What do you do for a living & if you weren’t doing it, what would you do instead? I am a chiropractor, with a thriving practice full of amazing, open-minded people who are seeking ways to be at their best. I spend my time building relationships with families, inspiring them to remember that they are designed to be extraordinary and giving them the steps required to create incredible health through living “Life by Design.” My greatest passion is working with pregnant women, children and babies, and I thrive on the hugs and pieces of one-of-a-kind artwork I get every day. I work hard, but it’s never work.
4. If you had to choose between not being able to hear or see, which sense would you rather not have and why? I would choose to keep my sight because I can’t imagine not being able to see the beautiful faces of my children. One of the most simple pleasures in life is to look around me and notice the beauty everywhere, especially in nature. Although I would very sincerely miss music. So, in my spirit of “all or nothing” – I will simply be grateful right now that I have both.
5. If you were a flavour of ice cream, what would it be? Raspberry gelato. Sharp, bright, and full of zest – so full of flavour it leaves you feeling more alive.
My Five Questions for the bloggers I nominate:
1 – Would you rather have a life of extreme highs and lows (great success, bliss, and joy, accompanied by great challenge, grief and despair) or an even-keel life with neither of the extremes?
2 – Why did you start blogging?
3 – If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
4 – What has been your biggest challenge to overcome?
5 – If you could form an imaginary “council” to guide you in your life, what five people would you choose to have on it? (they could be alive or dead, fictional or real, famous or not)
My Five Blog Nominees:
Dr. Ed and Karen Osburn
Me and Meg
Happy is the new healthy
What kids want us to know
“Tag! You’re it!!”